9.20.2013

Brittland Manor Wedding | Maryland Wedding Planner

** If your planning a wedding in Maryland, say hello! We are honored to have special rates with the local venues and vendors and we work with any budget and style. 
We would be happy to help you with any service you need and if we can't help you we will put you in touch with someone we know and trust who can! So just say Hi! ** 

So one time I got on a plane headed for Maryland and I landed in Virginia.

Let me explain....

As a destination wedding planner I find myself sitting next to two strangers on a plane often. During wedding season I'm making friends with the people next to me more than San Francisco, the city I call home. On this incredibly gorgeous clear day in the dead of summer I found myself on the way to a wedding in a small town called Chestertown.

Never heard of it?
Me neither but the great state of Maryland and I were about to get all wrapped up in a love spell faster then I could say road trips and crab cakes!

First things first however love stories start with grand meetings and in this story there are actually four.

I met Nikki and Jefferson in January when we connected on 100 Layer CakeIt was love at first speak. 

I was instantly sucked into the venue, the small quiet town it was placed in and the acres and acres of cornfields bordering the lake. While the venue was enough to put you in a mental vacation trance for days it was really adding in the incredible Nikki and Jefferson that was the biggest bonus. Every time we spoke on the phone or emailed back and forth I wondered how on earth 7+ months was going to get here so quickly.

I can tell you friends, it did in fact come quickly and as I got off the plane I was filled with joy, love and a big ole "WELCOME TO VIRGINIA" sign.

See this is where my second grand meeting comes to play....a few months prior I started speaking with Michelle a sweet as can be wedding planner in Virginia and we decided that meeting for the first time and spending the weekend with each other at a wedding would be the perfect blind date.

Michelle just wrote about it over on her blog- go go, take a read it's amazing in her words. I can't even begin to explain how great this girl is and how much I'm in awe of her as a friend and a business owner.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The incredible sound of cicadas were heavy in the air as we pulled off of Church Hill Road. We rolled down the windows and took in the amazing height of the cornfields we were surrounded by as we made our way up the never ending drive to the manor. This was about to be the most important grand meeting, Nikki and Jefferson. It's true, I don't normally meet my clients till the day before the wedding!

The Manor was everything I expected it to be with it's big long circular driveway. The giant mature trees hanging all around like an umbrella embracing you in. The cornfields winding and wrapping all over the property bordering the lake in the distance making you want to kick off your shoes and race to the waters edge. The warm breeze made you feel like you were a million miles away on a summer vacation, like hundreds of novels have told you of. As we made our way up to the door I half expected my sweet southern great grandmother to rush to it wearing an apron, covered in flour with a flurry of hugs and kisses like when I was growing up. It wasn't my great grandma but instead a flurry of welcoming hugs and kisses came from Nikki and her Mom as we were ushered in. This my friends was the tone of the entire weekend. Warm hugs, sweet embraces and a feeling of such family warmth it was warmer then the sun and humidity itself.

Ashley Steeby of Ashley Steeby Photography raced into the dining room faster than the screen door could even close. She was adorable and excited and asked if I was the wedding planner. When I replied yes I was wrapped into the sweetest hug I've ever had (and I hug a lot y'all) and we have been BEST FRIENDS ever since. Seriously, how sweet is that!

It's such an honor to bring these stories, these memories, these feelings to life for my clients. These are the moments they become friends. They become loved ones you send down the aisle to start their new chapters. These are the moments that become the best stories of your life.

Nikki and Jefferson- thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this insanely warm and incredibly loving day of yours. You took me in as family and I'm so grateful to be a part of your story.

See more of this wedding below 
























One of my favorites..... 


 






 


























Event Planner + Coordinator: Katie Rebecca Events | Day of Assistant: Michelle Amarillo Events | Photography: Ashley Steeby Photography | Videography: Citrus Ceremonies | Venue: Brittland Manor